Who doesn’t love Gelatos? Is it because it’s so much like lipstick? Or maybe it is because it’s the Spanish word for ice cream?
Gelatos provide wonderful bright, fun color and don’t bleed. They can be used wet or dry. A few tubes of this stuff, a stencil, and some alpha stickers make a winning Bible journal page.
Five Main Ways to Use Gelatos
- Color from the tube– Just rub on
- Use a wet paint brush to blend
- Use a make up sponge to blend
- Use your finger to blend
- Let dry do another layer
- Use a wet paint brush to get paint from the tube
- Shave off bits and mix with water
- Paint with the water
- Spray or Mist with the color water
- Use on stencils
- Use baby wipes for excess
- Use baby wipes to only wipe over the stencil for reverse.
- Use Directly on Stamps
- Color right on stamps, spritz with water and stamp (hold for a few seconds)
First here’s a tutorial by one of my favorite teachers Rebekkah Jones.
3 Ways to Use Gelatos
Click through the images for lots of ideas and instruction.