This Isn't Your Average Bible Study
"What an incredibly unique and creative Bible study! It's multilayered, dimensional, theologically rich, touching the senses—enlightening the mind, capturing the heart."
—Kay Arthur, cofounder of Precept Ministries International
—Jones not only unpacks the historical and theological meaning of the Psalms, but provides practical exercises to personally experience these truths in your daily life.
Sean McDowell, Ph.D., a Biola University professor,
"I love the encouragement, inspiration, and delightful details woven throughout."
—Darlene Schacht, Time-Warp Wife and bestselling author of Messy Beautiful Love
Explore God's Word on a deeper level and engage with his truth in fresh ways! This study of 10 psalms of hope invites you to discover the incredible design and purpose of inspired Hebrew poetry.
Perfect for group discussion or personal reflection, Discovering Hope in the Psalms offers compelling teachings, motivating devotions, and plenty of creative options for interacting with the psalms—including beautiful artwork to color. This discovery book will show you how to...
- rejoice in God's mercy when sin knocks you down
- request help with hope when troubles surround
- respond with thanksgiving for each answered prayer
Immerse your mind, heart, and soul in the hope flowing through the psalms.
About the Authors
Pam Farrel and her husband, Bill, are the authors of Men Are Like Waffles—Women Are Like Spaghetti (more than 300,000 copies sold) and Red-Hot Monogamy. In addition, Pam has written 52 Ways to Wow Your Husband and The 10 Best Decisions a Woman Can Make. They are cofounders and codirectors of Love-Wise, an organization to help people connect love and wisdom and bring practical insights to their personal relationships. Jean E. Jones is a teacher of God’s Word, a contributing writer for Crosswalk.com, and a member of the International Society for Women in Apologetics. She is married to her high school sweetheart, Clay, a Christian apologetics professor at Biola University. Karla Dornacher has written and illustrated 15 Christian gift books. She continues to inspire and encourage others through her coloring books, blog, Bible journaling, and social media. She and her husband, Michael, make their home in Washington State.
This book shines in the multitude of ways it offers for you to interact with the Psalms. Why? Because the more ways we interact with Scripture, the better we remember and apply its message. We want you to remember the hope that God's Word offers you!
Here's what you'll find in each of the eight chapters:
- In-depth Bible Study. Five 20-minute lessons dive deep into what the psalms teach about hope and show how to interpret Hebrew poetry.
- The Little Details. Sidebars supply extra details that enthuse those who have studied God's Word for years (and those who love having all the pieces in place).
- Hope Alive. Popular and prolific author Pam Farrel inspires with a delightful devotion on setting hope alive in your heart.
- My Psalm. Step-by-step instructions walk you through writing a personal prayer psalm.
- Worshiping with Psalms. A closing devotional guides you in praying psalms in a way that buttresses hope in God and draws you near him.
- Creative Connection. Artist Karla Dornacher explains practical and easy ways to meditate on verses using art.
- Creative Options: Suggestions abound for interacting creatively with psalms so that you're not only experiencing the psalms' hope, but discovering ways to share hope with others. Start simply by coloring Karla's charming illustrations or experiment freely with visual arts, performing arts, literary arts, and culinary arts.
Like this post?
Top Bible Journaling Posts
Subscribe for Free Printables Below